Monday, October 12, 2015

October 5, 2015 - Dearest Family



I love love love:

1: The temple!!!!!!! We got to go this week and holy cow. Such an incredible experience!! I've missed the temple so, so bad. If you live close to a temple, and haven't been for awhile, please go. It truly is the House of the Lord, and God's love is so tangible there. We are so blessed to live in a time with dozens and dozens of temples on the earth.

2: General Conference!!! Ah seriously I hope these next six months go so fast to be able to have it again! It was such an amazing experience, to teach investigators that we live in a time with a living prophet and then bring them to see him speak. And, we saw so many miracles in investigators coming. I honestly don't know which talk was my favorite...I don't know. I loved Elder Lawrence, Elder Christofferson, President Nelson...they're all so good!  And, it's cool--haha being on the mission I'm learning to love Motab! I mean, before I thought they were great. But now... haha it's something else! So so powerful. 

3: Rain! Haha it's been pretty fun this week, it's starting the rainy season, and sometimes it's like walking through rivers on the street! it's a good adventure. 

4: The Plan of Salvation: Joab and Laura are so incredible. They came to Conference all day Sunday and LOVED it. Then we taught them after Joseph Smith and the Restoration and the Book of Mormon, and Joab said, I'm going to read it all. And he has so many amazing questions!! He's seriously pondering these things. He said, So if this is really the only true church....what happens to all the people in my old Evangelical church who died, who were super devoted to it? And we got to briefly testify that really all will have a chance to accept the gospel, to receive eternal life. They were so amazed, and so excited to hear that!! And he told us to come back today, and everyday, to teach him more!  The Plan of Salvation is so incredible. and I'm so grateful for this opportunity to teach it to people who haven't heard of these simple, incredible truths. 

5: You all!!! I'm so blessed to have you in my life, thanks so much for teaching me and helping me be the person I am. Ya'll are the greatest, really. :) Every day I think of how blessed I am to have the family I have, and the friends in my life.

All my love, Hermana Moon

No comments:

Post a Comment