Tuesday, May 10, 2016

May 9, 2016 - so happy to stay in Guacimo!

Hi! 

I loved seeing you guys yesterday!!! Everyone looks great. :) And Spenstar, I'm super jealous that you can juggle so well. That's so cool!!! And so fun seeing Joseph and Kennedy and Matthew so big, and Jennie too haha.... but yeah. It was so fun talking to you all! :)
another perezosa!

Pineapple fields - love, love, love the fruit in Costa Rica



But yeah...I don't have changes! :) Hooray! I'm so happy I get to stay in Guacimo for six more weeks. I love the members, the investigators, the fruit store super close to our house.....and we're teaching some great people and I hope so much we can see progress with the families we're teaching in this next change!! 


It was a good week! It was really cool...I had to go to Guapiles to help with playing piano on Saturday, so my companion stayed with a member to work in Guacimo..and she found such a great family, and we went again with them on Sundaynight. We taught about prophets and dispensations, and we asked at the end if they had questions.... and the stepdad said no, that we explained everything perfectly...because he was a member! Just inactive. And then he starts takling about Nephi and the Aaronic and Melquisidec Priesthood and the sacrament. Haha we were so surprised! But it's cool, he really wants to go back to church, and his family wants to too! So we're excited to keep working with them! 


Teaching at zone conference (pic from Sis. Hayes)
We're also working a lot with Natasha...she's the cousin of Richard and Reymond, she's 11, she started going to church after they got baptized. And she's always asked us when she can get baptized! But I felt bad, we were just super busy and could never find her in her house.....but now we're really working with her and hoping she can get baptized in May. She went to Stake Conference yesterday, and while they were waiting to start she was just asking my companion everything...what was good, what was bad...if it's bad to use fake fingernails, if it's okay to play cards....she just wants to know everything! I don't know. It's been a good experience for me to see kids who grow up in environments that really aren't good (her mom was in prison for a long time, and it's just not a too happy home) that are so willing to follow Jesus Christ and do the right things! I don't know. I really liked the General Conference talk where the guy talked about kids who started going to church by themselves, but became missionaries, mission presidents...I don't remember who it was haha. But it was good. And yeah,  we can't really know the potential of these people, and what they can become after years of being faithful in the church! 


Zona Atlantica (pic from Sis. Hayes)
We had Zone Conference and Stake Conference this week, and I loved hearing words from leaders about how to be better! President Hayes talked a lot about happiness...how really, humans do the things in their life that they think will make them be happy. Some people find happiness in bossing lots of people around, others in having money...others in the gospel! We came on the mission, probably because we were looking for happiness! And, it's not easy, but really we can find joy in doing it, that it's a great work. So yeah. We should find joy in the journey, in everything we're doing. :) Also it was cool listening to the three Seventy that were at the Stake Conference, where they called the Stake President to be a seventy...they really are the Lord's servants! Elder Alonso talked a lot about how we should all spread the gospel...and it was super cool because he said that he feels like there should be a temple in the Zona Atlantica of Costa Rica :) So, there's lots of work to do here! And yeah. they said lots of other great stuff. But I forgot my notebook and there's not really time haha. But I learned lots this week and it strengthened my testimony that this really is the Lord's church, and the leaders of the church really are called by revelation! 
picture from Hna Zerilli - at an RS activity - skit?


And..yeah! I love you all! talk to you later! :) 


Love, Hermana Moon 

No comments:

Post a Comment