Monday, June 27, 2016

June 27, 2016 - be like Nephi, not like Laman

Hi everyone!!

So last week I left Guacimo. Man. Those were honestly the best seven months of my life. I love Guacimo so much I´ll probably name my first son Guacimo. it´s a cute name, right?;) No, but really Guacimo changed my life. I enjoyed every single day, so much. I fell in love with the people there, with the little city, with the dirt roads and humidity and my companions and the ward and the plants and the animals haha. And I saw so so many miracles there. I learned so much about God´s love there, and saw His hand so much. But....it was time to leave. When they told me on Friday I cried so much. And then Saturday and Sunday....I was totally fine! Haha I didn´t even cry when I had to give my testimony in church. But then Monday, I sure cried. my poor companion.  Haha someday I hope changes aren´t hard for me! But it´s okay. I hope soon I´ll be able to see my friends again. :)

And then I came..to Moravia!!!! And I feel like I¨m in a different country haha. Moravia is really close to San Jose, the capital. A lot a lot of houses and businesses and cars and people!! And therés hundreds of restaraunts instead of the two that were in Guacimo. And riding buses. And real streets. and haha it´s so weird coming from Guacimo, where I felt like I had talked to everyone and everyone knew me... to here where I´ll pass a person on the street and it´s likely that I´ll never see them again because it´s SO BIG here. And therés so many people. And here is really cold. Haha...I´m sleeping with six blankets. I had forgotten what it was like to feel cold..... but it´s okay. It´ll make it easier when it´s time to come home. 

And my companion is Hermana Asencio! She is from El Salvador and I love her a lot. :) She eats fast, walks fast, and likes to sing songs in English so we get along great. She has four months on the mission, and we´re really ready to work hard and be obedient and see miracles. Right now...we don´t really have investigators, because there were some problems before in the area , and the hermanas had been working in areas that belonged to the elders.... but it´s okay! We´re ready to work hard and knock doors and talk to everyone. :) Moravia really is a great ward, with so many super strong members,and they´re working on splitting the ward, so we´re excited to see growth here.

And, the Lord really has shown tender mercies even though this week has honestly been kind of hard. I finished the Book of Mormon my last week of Guacimo, and I had started again...and I felt bad, but I just wasn´t really too motivated to start again! Because I don´t know how many times in my life I´ve read 1 Nephi haha. But honestly...it has been such a tender mercy to be reading 1 Nephi right now!!!! Because it comletely relates to my life. Because Laman and Lemuel just complained when they had to leave their house, and then complained again in the desert, and complained again when they had to return to Jerusalem....and I realized that I was totally being like Laman and Lemuel with the changes. And...I don´t want to be like them!! So I decided that I´m going to be like Nephi, and do what the Lord commands. And, these next few weeks might be kind of hard as we get used to things, and find new people, and get used to the ward...but I know that the Lord has sent me here, that He always helps complete what He has commanded us to do. and that this really is His work. :) And that there are lots of prepared people here. I just really want to do the Lord´s will, my whole life. And so I will talk to people, and have lots of faith, and do the work He wants me to do here. And not be like Laman. :) 

Also...pray lots for President Hayes!!! He had to head home for some medical tests. And while he´s gone....Sister Hayes put me in charge of the pants. haha. Because in Centroamerica, the prophet has said we have to use pants. And since I¨m not STL here in the new zone because there´s already one here, Sister Hayes says she wants me to make sure that the STL gets pants for all the sisters in the mission. Hahaha I laughed so hard when she told me....cuz I was probably the sister most against using pants!!! But it´s okay. Cuz we´ll follow the prophet and be safe. And use pants. 

But yeah!! sorry this is long and not too well organized. I had lots and lots of thoughts this week. But yeah. I know that Christ lives, and that He loves us, and He really listens to our prayers and helps us when we´re feeling lost and alone, and I´ve really felt Hislove this week, lots of answers to prayers, and miracles and promptings. And I know the Church is true. And I¨m so grateful for all the experiences we havein life to help us learn and grow. And yeah. Love you all too!!!

Love, Hermana Moon

(STL = Sister Training Leader = Female Zone Leader)

2 comments:

  1. Spencer told me the pants story today and just laughed and laughed, but he was so happy she'd already gained a testimony of wearing them to be obedient before she was given the assignment. He sure loved those missionaries in his district, they are great friends.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are just laughing and shaking our heads, too! She's the mission pants leader! And I'm so glad they got to be friends and that he's safely home.

    ReplyDelete