Thursday, October 27, 2016

October 10, 2016 - chequo de mes

Hi family!!

Everything is great!!

I am sorry this week there is not very much time. But everythi​ng​  is great. 


One of my favorite parts of this week was that we knocked on a door that we had visited like... a month ago, or more! And the daughter answered the door and the first thing she said, Have you guys eaten? she had like 20 years. And we said uh...no! So she made us food and we talked to her and got to know her... and she told us that she was raised Catholic, but she doesn't really believe in God, in religion, in scriptures. So, we had a lesson with her about faith. And it was super interesting ... I had never taught someone before who didn't believe in God. I was j​us​t trying to think of Ammon And Aaron teaching the great Lamanite kings, trying to take what they did believe to help them realize that they did believe! And we talked about the faith, and everything. and.. I have been meditating a lot about the faith in these last few days. really... all we do is for faith! the ordinances.... baptism, sacrament, all of that.... could just be actions that don't mean anything if we don't believe that they mean something. But, we believe in God, believe in Christ, believe in these actions and these symbols and they give us happiness, peace, and joy that so many people in the world don't have because they don't belie​ve! 

So anyway. I have a lot of thoughts that I don't really know how to put into words.... but I'm so grateful for the faith I have in my Savior Jesus Christ. T​hat we're not only in this world to live a good life and love other people... but that there is so, so, so much more. 

chequo de mes - all the missionaries at their one month mark (and trainers)

No comments:

Post a Comment