Tuesday, December 29, 2015

December 23, 2015 - We are like Bethlehem

Dear Family, 

Hi!!! Merry Christmas in like...two days!!! I'm so so excited to see your faces. 
Mission Christmas celebracion

This week we had our Christmas party for the mission on Monday night, and I absolutely loved what President taught us. He was talking about Bethlehem. He lived in Jerusalem for like a year, so he showed us pictures of Bethlehem. And really...it's just a small town. Not too exciting, not too pretty...just kind of weeds and rocks and a few little houses. There's really nothing too spectacular about this little town...but that was where God decided that Jesus Christ would be born, our Savior and Redeemer. God chose this humble town to be the place where the King of Kings, Lord of Lords would be born. President then shared the scripture, "By small and simple means are great things brought to pass." We're kind of like Bethlehem. Individually, at times, we feel like we don't have a lot of offer--we have a lot of weaknesses, maybe we're not the best at sharing, the best looking, anything. But we can do great things. We don't know what smiling, what bearing our testimony, what impact that can make in the future! I'm so grateful that 2000 years ago, Jesus Christ was born in this little town, because this changed the life of every single one of us for ever. I'm so grateful for this opportunity I have to be a missionary this Christmas!! I've been able to think a lot more about the Savior, about His birth these days, more than I've ever thought about it any other December of my life. 

making pupusas with members
Also, this week has been really good!!! The ward has a temple this trip on Saturday (and we get to go!!!! because our converts are going. I'm so excited!!!! That'll be like the best Christmas present ever), so we've been doing a lot of family history. This has been so so cool. I've seriously never done family history like before in my life...so it's been so neat doing it with Geraldine and Elidio, seeing the Spirit of Elijah, finding names, I get so excited every time we get to add a name to their tree!!!! It's so amazing. Also, Elidio is so incredible. I don't know. He's in Helaman 13 in the Book of Mormon already, and yesterday he just said, "Yo amo el Libro de Mormon."I LOVE the book of Mormon. I'm so grateful for the testimonies of these incredible people I'm meeting here, because their building my testimony so much too. 


Hasta super pronto, con amor, Hermana Moon :)


delicious food!  

No comments:

Post a Comment