Monday, November 9, 2015

November 9, 2015 - sleep talking in Spanish

This week has been kind of crazy, a whole lot of changes, but it´s been good! I¨m learning to trust in the Lord, and trying to learn to trust in the plans that He has! 

I have another mini missionary!!! She´s super cute. Her name is Hermana Hurtado and she is a convert of like a year! It´s been super fun. She´s so great...haha every free minute she has she pulls our Preach My Gospel to read! I think she´ll be here for like a month, until the next changes! She´ll also probably get her mission call while she´s here with me, so that´ll be fun! 

Ha, something funny... I´ve totally started just sleep talking in Spanish just missionary stuff. My companions have told me I´ve prayed, started teaching the first lesson, and I´ve woken up a few times in the middle of the night finding myself asking for references in Spanish.... haha 

A lot of what we´re doing is just trying to learn the area and just get new investigators because the two of us don´t really know the area! So it´s been a good experience. And I´ve noticed something really cool! Honestly talking people doesn´t bother me usually...but still sometimes I feel a little scared to approach some people, or knock certain doors, and I don´t know why... and this week I´ve decided to just talk to those people when I haven´t wanted to... and almost every time, when I´ve felt this fear, or this pareca (little bit of laziness) to do it, and then we actually do it, these are the people that receive us!! Honestly, we shouldn´t feel afraid to talk with anybody to share the news of the gospel! Because it really is the way to happiness in this world, and really, I know that this message is for everyone, and that there are always people to receive it! This week in leadership meeting I loved what someone said.... Elder Ochoa, a member of the Seventy for Costa Rica, said that there are thousands over thousands people prepared in EVERY area...hard areas really don´t exist. We just need to work and find those people that are waiting for us! 

Some days are hard, but I really love being a missionary. Sometimes I find myself walking down the streets, looking at the beautiful world, and just feeling SO happy!! Even on days when things aren´t working out, and days that are hard... I just am so so grateful for this opportunity I have to share the gospel with the beautiful people of Costa Rica! 

Love you all so so much!! 
with Hermana Geis at Mission Leadership Council

Concepcion

Love, Hermana Moon 

No comments:

Post a Comment