Monday, November 23, 2015

November 23, 2015 - Happy Thanksgiving!

Dear Family, 

Happy Thanksgiving this week!!!!!! I love this holiday a lot, and it's sad that people here don't celebrate it! I love having a day just to think about what we're grateful for, spend with family and friends, and think of all the blessings God has given us!! We are so blessed. And, even though they don't celebrate the day here, these weeks we've been sharing this scripture with people: 

Änd ye cannot bear all things now; nevertheless, be of good cheer, for I will lead you along. The kingdom is yours and the blessings thereof are yours, and the riches of eternity are yours. 
And he who receiveth all things with thankfulness shall be made glorious, and the things of this earth shall be added unto him, even an hundred fold, yea, more." Doctrine and Covenants 78:18-19

I love this scripture so much!!!! We're going to have hard times in this life. But if we take all things with an attitude of gratitude, really everything is so much easier, and God will bless us even more, and we'll just be happy!!!! And, it says, these people will be made glorious!! So I love this a lot. And it's helped me a lot during this crazy change that I've been having, to try to just have a good attitude, and I've noticed such a big difference when I try to think of what I've learned this month, think of the blessings and miracles I've seen, rather than complaining. I don't know. We have been given so so much!!! God is good. 

Miracle of the week.....Nelson got baptized!!!!! He's an investigador in Jardin. and he's 79!!!!! And so incredible. My first day in Jardin we put a fecha for his baptism with him, and he's so so great. I just am so happy when we go with him!! All week he was talking about how Sunday would be the most beautiful day of his life, and he couldn't wait. And his baptism was so beautiful!!! That at 79 years old someone can be born again :) I'm so so grateful that I got to see this miracle!! 

 President gave me permission to go to Cartago with Hermana Geis! Best day ever

My sister!! both trained by Hermana Geis :) 

 yay for being missionaries! 

Anyway. I hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving!! Love you all so so much!! 

Love, Hermana Moon 


 




No comments:

Post a Comment