Sunday, July 12, 2015

July 5, 2015 - nod and say "Que bueno!"

4 julio
Hola all! :) 

Haha, there's been a couple funny stories with Spanish. So, a lot of the time I don't understand what people are saying. So a lot of the times I just nod and say "Que bueno!" and smile and it all works out great.But I was doing that this week with a nine year old kid and then Hna Geis was like...Nooo that's not bueno!! Haha he was saying that his aunt who lived in America almost died of a heart attack......haha good thing she understands stuff!! Haha, but I think I'm understanding more...anyway, I love the language, but it'll be nice when I don't have to fake it all the time! 

Another time I was talking to a woman on the bus and she was like "Soy Christiana"(I am a Christian) but I thought she was saying her name....so I like point to my name tag and say "Soy Hermana Moon" and she just looked at me and kind of smiled...haha it was super awkward and funny. 
at district meeting

So we've been teaching this girl named Maria Jesus! Her parents got baptized at the beginning of June, and their story is so cool...their mom has MS so she got baptized by being lowered into the Bishop's swimming pool! I wish so bad I could have been there, she's so amazing. But anyway,it was Maria's birthday this week, and she told our friend Graciela that her birthday present was going to be her baptism!! Awwwww. We were so happy. But, she has to stop drinking coffee first...so it'll probably be like the 18th of July!! But she's really so wonderful and understands so much in the lessons. Being a member of this church is really such a gift...really the best birthday present you could ask for! And since we have this incredible gift, this knowledge of hope and happiness and direction and eternal families we need to share it with all those who don't know it! 

I also realized this week how important it is to read the Book of Mormon, every day!! The Book of Mormon is really the key to conversion, to knowing that Joseph Smith really was a prophet, and then if he was a prophet, all is true!! So read it every day.:) Honestly the time I read the Book of Mormon every day during personal study is some of my favorite time of the day...it's seriously such an incredible book! 

Anyway, I love you all a whole lot!! I hope you all had an amazing 4th of July! Hahaha Hermana Geis and I looked really silly that day wearing our bright red skirts together...but it's okay, Patriotism is worth it. Love you, have an incredible week!!! 

Love, Hermana Moon
Hna Moon was kind of tired after we ended planning - from Hna Geis

and while writing in her journal - from Hna Geis

No comments:

Post a Comment