Monday, July 20, 2015

July 20, 2015 - ¡Oh está todo bien!

Pacasys is so stunning!

Pancakes and Pday

Hello everyone!! 

I can't really remember what happened this week...haha it flew by! But it was good! I love it here, and the culture, and the people, and I'm getting more used to it every day! It's crazy, this week is the first transfers since I've been here! There were so many changes in the district and zone and everything...we think we have the Assistants to the Presidents and the Zone Leaders in our district now, so that'll be exciting! We're ready to work super hard and echar fuego. 

A super spiritual experience this week happened with Gleny. Ahh we just love her and her family so much. It really was such a miracle she got baptized when she did, when she wanted to move up her baptismal date up two weeks, because she hasn't been able to come to church since--she went to the beach in Guanacaste on the other side of the country with her family because it's vacations for all the school kids the past two weeks, and then her daughter was really sick the next! So yeah. We're realizing more and more how much of a miracle it really was! So we went to visit her this week, and she's having such a hard time---just a lot of rough things happening. But she loves the gospel SO much. While they were in Guanacaste she called us to learn the tune for new hymns to sing with her girls, it was so cute. But yeah, so we were at her house the other day and she was just crying. We shared the story in the Book of Mormon when the people are basically slaves under Amulon in Mosiah 24.
 I really really love this chapter, when it says, " Lift up your heads and be of good comfort, for I know of the covenant which ye have made unto me; and I will covenant with my people and deliver them out of bondage.
 14 And I will also ease the burdens which are put upon your shoulders, that even you cannot feel them upon your backs, even while you are in bondage; and this will I do that ye may stand as witnesses for me hereafter, and that ye may know of a surety that I, the Lord God, do visit my people in their afflictions."
Sometimes we will go through really hard trials in this life, times when we feel like we're in bondage! But God will always deliver us out of our afflictions, and ease the burdens that we carry--not always take them away completely, but He will always help us through these times, and they really make us stronger and help us become more like God, which is the purpose of coming on this earth. Then we sang Come Come Ye Saints, and it was such a cool experience, the Spirit was so strong. 
And, I just realized, it was fitting for Pioneer Day this week!! I'm so grateful for the Pioneers and all the sacrifices they made, the afflictions they endured. 
Happy Pioneer Day this week, Love you all!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment